The Facility Conduct Policy governs conduct at all Parks
and Recreation facilities including the Civic Center. Please be
aware that misconduct at the Civic Center may result in suspension of
usage privileges at not only the Civic Center but other P&R
including the Aquatic Center and parks. Click here to review the
1. All facility patrons must be members or pay the daily,
2. In order to gain access to the Civic Center, all facility
(members and non-members) must sign-in at the front desk.
3. Enter and exit through the main front entrance doors
Marked fire exit doors are for emergency use only.
4. Children under 8 years of age must be accompanied and directly
by an adult (19 & older) at all times.
5. Food and open beverage containers are permitted in the game
room and lobby only.
6. Appropriate footwear must be worn when using any recreation
On court surfaces, only non-marking shoes are permitted.
7. Tobacco products (smoking and smokeless) are not permitted.
8. No loud, boisterous activity is allowed including running and
balls in the hallways. Radios and CD/cassette players may only be
9. No profanity or abusive, threatening language or behavior is
10. No pets are allowed except for service animals.
11. No roller blading/skating or skateboarding is allowed in the
12. No spitting or snotting in the facility.
13. No dunking on basketball rims.
14. The Parks and Recreation Department and Civic Center staff
are not responsible for lost
or stolen articles.
Weight Room & Fitness Room Rules
1. Must be 15 years of age or older to use the weight or fitness
without an adult (19 & older) present.
2. Children in grades 7 & 8 may use weight room only when
by an adult (19 & older).
3. Children ages 13 & 14 may use fitness room only when
by an adult (19 & older).
4. All weights and dumbbells should be returned to their proper
on the racks. No equipment is to be moved from its designated
or to leave the weight room.
5. All free weight users should have at least one spotter.
not hesitate to ask for assistance or for a spot from any staff member
6. Proper workout apparel is required including a shirt and shoes
7. There is a 30 minute time limit on all cardiovascular
(i.e. treadmills, stationary bikes, steppers, etc.) Please be
in this regard.
Pool Rules (additional rules posted in pool)
1. As per state regulation, pool patrons must be 16
age or older to use the pool without an adult
(19 & older) or lifeguard present.
2. All pool patrons must take a shower before entering.
3. A swimsuit must be worn at all times (no cutoff jeans or
4. Diving into the swimming pool is prohibited. Running,
housing, & loud, boisterous activity are prohibited.
5. Kickboards, water dumbbells and other aquatic fitness
are not to be used as toys and should only be used for lap swimming,
aerobics, or swim lessons.
7. Small, soft toys (nerf balls) are allowed, however inner
rafts, or any other inflatable toys are not allowed.
8. Only approved aquatic balls (basketballs, volleyballs) in the
pool area (available at pool).
9. Anyone not yet toilet trained must wear swim diapers.
Whirlpool/Spa Rules (additional rules posted at
1. As per state regulation, whirlpool users must be
16 years of age or older to use the whirlpool without an
(19 & older) present.
2. As per state regulation, no one under the age of 5 years is
permitted in the whirlpool/spa.
3. Maximum occupancy of five people (adults & children) in
whirlpool/spa at one time.
4. Anyone not yet toilet trained must wear swim diapers.
5. Users should observe a reasonable time limit (that is, 10-15
minutes) then leave the water and cool down before returning for
another brief stay.
Racquetball Court Usage and Reservations
1. Must be 13 years of age or older to use the racquetball courts
an adult present.
2. Members may reserve court times (1 hour time slot) up to seven
in advance by calling the Civic Center. Non-members may reserve a
the day of usage. Failure to honor a court reservation time will
loss of court reservation privileges for one month.
3. Proper eyewear/goggles is required at all times.
4. Racquetballs may be purchased at the front desk. In
racquets and goggles may be checked-out.
Wahoo Parks and Recreation
310 N. Linden St.
Wahoo, Nebraska 68066
Fax: (402) 443-4179